Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Lost In Translation

 


Lost In Translation

by Audrey Davis

 

This was my first book by Audrey Davis, and I loved it.

This is a story about Charlotte Egerton life. The beginning was written so beautifully that I just couldn’t stop reading. Charlotte is an amazing woman, I love her mindset, her attitude towards life and how she loved her children.

Charlotte and her family have moved to Switzerland because of her husband’s job. She was never happy about this move and was constantly thinking if this move would be a good choice for her family and mostly her sons. She is not sure if she can adapt to their new life, yet she is hoping that this moves her improve her relationship with her husband.

 

Dome (her husband) was always busy with his work and it was as if he separate and secretive life. He showed no kindness and empathy towards Charlotte most of the time. And I was constantly thinking why she fell in love with him in the first place.

The choice of characters is genuine, I really liked how the authentic writing style made me constantly emotional.

 I liked the twists in this story, I doubted and hated Dom the whole time and at times I was thinking what I would do if I was in Charlotte’s situation, her relationship with Dom was not getting any better, and there was Jurgen…..

The ending is emotional, and I like how charlotte is becoming more confident and has a voice about what she wants.

This is a fast and fun book to read, I appreciated how the author penned details about Switzerland.

If you like a story about family, love, and all life’s ups and downs this would be a good read.

 

Many thanks to “ A Quintillion Reads” friends and Audrey Davis .


Goodreads | Instagram | Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment