Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2021

- To Tell You the Truth

 



To Tell You the Truth

by Gilly Macmillan

Lucy is our main character, a thriller author with a dark past. Her brother went missing when she took him out in the woods when she was 9 years old. Dan, her husband, goes missing right after he buys a house in her old neighborhood. Lucy is reliving that experience of being in that neighborhood and with Dan’s missing. But what she finds difficult is that she can’t trust her memory to remember what really happened when Teddy went missing and now with her past uncovered, the police are questioning if she is responsible for Dan's disappearing.


My thought:

I enjoyed telling the truth. the story starts slowly but then it builds up until Dan goes missing and the twists and tensions start.

I was able to connect with Lucy but knowing she has an imaginary friend, Eliza, was a bit annoying.

It was a fast-paced suspenseful read with exciting twists. I just think the ending could have been better.


Overall, I liked the story. my rating is 3/5 rounded to 4 stars.


Goodreads | Instagram | Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment