Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2020

- Bowled, but Not Out




 Bowled, but Not Out

by Ruchira Khanna


Bowled, but Not Out is a family drama that compares life challenges to the game of cricket.

A story of hoping to find happiness in marriage, life surprises, and challenges that are part of our real life.

Saru got married in the hope of having a loving and happy life, but her mother in law made their marriage experience more difficult, to the point that she had to get out of it. 

She decided to move to New York with her daughter to build a better life. to find love and happiness. I am not familiar with the game of cricket, yet I like all the touch on the game.

I always enjoy stories with a strong an independent female character, with that being said I enjoyed how she chose to live her life and built her future, on her own terms. The close relationship with her family was heartwarming, especially her relationship with her father and the way he encouraged Saru.

The storyline is truly pleasant and fast-paced. I enjoyed Saru’s character the most, in the same breath, I thought I could have connected more with each character if they were more developed.

Overall, I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to those who are interested in family drama.

Many thanks to Ruchira Khanna for sending me a kindle copy.



No comments:

Post a Comment