Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2020

- Under A Gilded Moon




Under a Gilded Moon 
by Joy Jordan-Lake 

This is a story of the Appalachians versus the Blue Ridge. Kerry Macgregor, a second-year college student, in New York City has to go back home due to family responsibilities. When she returns home to take care of her father, she realizes that the structure of her hometown is changing, and all the old houses are being sold since an heir of the Vanderbilt family has built a huge estate in the mountains.

A beautifully written historical fiction with an excellent plot. The story setting was beautifully described, the description of the scenery really made me not want to stop reading, I could easily close my eyes and find myself next to all the interesting characters. I could see myself walking next to Kerry and mounting stairs to the observatory. The fact that many characters were based on real people during that time made the story more engaging and charming for me.

The author did a great job researching and portraying the Vanderbilts and their famous Biltmore House

 








No comments:

Post a Comment