Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2021

- If I Disappear

 



If I Disappear
by Eliza Jane Brazier

The story has an unconventional narrative. It is told by Sera to the readers as if they are Rachel. Sera is obsessed with the true-crime podcast “Murder She spoke” that Rachel hosts. 

Rachel goes missing, right at the time of podcast episodes covering missing women. Sera decides she can look into this matter, she believes Rachel has shared all necessary tips and tricks for her to solve this mystery.

The author did a great job with the unusual narrative, I enjoyed her writing style very much. The storyline was interesting, the writing was descriptive, and the author draws a beautiful, detailed picture of the countryside. The characters were also unique, it took me sometimes to connect with them though.



If you just read it as a strange story of a podcaster missing this might be the story for you. If I Disappear is a heart-pounding and twisty read, however, the ending left me wanting more

No comments:

Post a Comment