Search This Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2020

- Paris Never Leaves you

 


Paris Never Leaves You

by Ellen Feldman

The book is set in Paris during World War II the story is centered around Charlotte who works in a bookstore. There are several other characters that are involved in the story, but the main focus is on Charlotte.

The story alternated between the WWII time and 1950 when Charlotte works in a publishing house in New York which I really liked as most WWII stories do not alternated between times. In the same breath I found no transition between both times (being only 10 years apart).

The story is a slow burn was easier to read halfway through the book. I was mostly expecting Historical fiction, but romance was a big part of the story. I found the focus of this story mostly on the romance part of and that is what mostly disappointed me.

Overall, this was an OK story, I will not really categorize it as a historical fiction but a romance. So, if you like contemporary romance you will enjoy this story.


Goodreads | Instagram | Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment