Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2020

- Bear Necessity


 Bear Necessity

by James Gould-Bourn


Did I just laughed reading this heart-breaking story? Yes!!!!!!! Did I have tears falling down my face while laughing? absolutely 

 the story is about Danny and his son Will. It’s been a year since the death of Dannys wife. the tragedy cause Will to stop talking since his mother’s death and it seems like everything has gone wrong since then. After being fired Danny dresses as panda and starts dancing in the street. But he doesn’t know how to do it, he is so close to give when suddenly his son starts talking to him not know the Panda is really his father.

I found both the story and the writing style with the extraordinary sense of humor combined with a unique sarcasm very interesting.

The selection of character (Ivan, Ivana and Yuri) was unique and magnificent. They are fun and fully developed. I really enjoyed how they all came together to help Danny win the first prize so he can pay his rent.

The focus of the story is heartbreaking but by the same token it is uplifting and comical. I do want to say so many things about this story, but I don’t want to spoil it.

Overall, it is a great read, perfect choice of characters, colorful detail and perfect story line. I am a new fan of the author now.


No comments:

Post a Comment