Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2021

- Last Call


 Last Call

by Elon Green


I enjoy a true crime disregarding my reading mood. This book broke my heart knowing it is a true story and it has really happened.

I was distraught learning about this story, and it would be my number one must-read recommendation.

The story is about the murders of a number of gay men in NYC late ’80s, early ’90s. men whose lives were not appreciated and valued because they were gay. we get to know about the investigation into the crimes and how there was no news or social media covering this important event just because these men were gay.

I adored how the author treats these men not only as victims but real individuals with their personal life, family, and other details that made me feel more connected to these families. The story is well researched, and it is being narrated from different angles. 

I found it difficult to read some of the crime scene discussion and my heart aches for these men and what their families went through for years.



Goodreads | Instagram | Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment