Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2020

- Lie, Lie Again


 Lie, Lie Again

by Stacy Wise

Embry, Sylvia ,and Riki are neighbors at 1054 Mockingbird Lane. These three women all have their own complex life and a shared secret at the bottom of the staircase.


I enjoyed different voices in the narration and the connection between these three. They all have somewhat of a dark side.

Embry, my favorite character, has 2 kids and married to Brandon, who wants to be a movie star.

Sylvia, whom I think is the most selfish of all, has a boyfriend who is still dealing with his needy ex. 

Riki, who has a huge crush on Brandon, is a second-grade teacher and has a boyfriend. 


The story starts with a dead body at the bottom of the stairs to this complex. It wasn't a fast-paced thriller as I thought it would be, the first few chapters were rather slow and wasn’t really a thriller for me. It was a feel-good read. The plot is beautifully written, the descriptive writing brought the scenes to life. I found the choice of characters brilliant. I enjoyed Embry’s character with all the dialogues she has with herself about her insecurities. At the same time, I found Sylvia’s character very irritating and dark.

I would recommend this book not as a thriller but because of its amazing choice of characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment