Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

- The Night Swim




 The Night Swim

by Megan Goldin


The night swim focuses on an investigative journalist, Rachel, who is featuring a controversial rape trial in her new podcast season. A death that happened 25 years ago in the city of Neapolis North Carolina and was called a drowning 

    I have not read the previous book by this author, but I am overwhelmed with the way this book was written, and how the topics were handled.

For a mystery and thriller reader, I found the book very captivating from the first page I had mixed feeling after the book was finished. I felt upset, shocked, tense and sad. 

The night swim plot is very clear, the topic of justice for a woman whose been raped and sexually assaulted was perfectly penned and looked into. I found the trial part was very well written, it transfers all the tense and sad and anxious feeling to the reader without it being excessively graphic.

I like how the character were developed and how the environment was vividly detailed. Be warned that the story is mostly mentioning sexual assault and traumatic and hard to read at times. 

I do recommend The Night Swim to those mystery and thriller lovers. One of the best thrillers I’ve read this year with so much suspense.


Goodreads | Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment