Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2020

-The Boatman And Other Stories


The Boatman and Other Stories
by Billy O'Callaghan

This is my first book by Billy O'Callaghan. The book offers twelve remarkable and astonishing stories, explaining the depth of different bitter and sweet feelings that humanity experience during lifetime. It explores the depth of love, loss, regret, relationships, and tragedies in life.
I enjoyed every single one of them. O’callaghan’s storytelling skill is amazing. With intense an emphasis, each story describes and portrays a moment in people’s lives O’callaghan have chosen ordinary characters and what they have gone through in life. Their life stories made me very emotional since I felt strong grief and heartbreak. And I don’t recommend it to those who can not easily handle these feelings.
I would like to share these quotes from my two favorite stories, the first one from Love is Strange and the second one from A Death in the Family:
- “‘Love shouldn’t be anybody’s business’, I sighed. ‘what lives between to people doesn’t belong to anyone one else. And maybe we don’t always have to understand what it is about.’
- “Time passes but doesn’t get far, and maybe for some of us, for some of us nearing our own precipice, the dead still sing.”
No matter how much I try to review this book I can not express my feeling, I think it’s a must read book.

No comments:

Post a Comment