Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2020

- Hid From Our Eyes





Hid from Our Eyes
(The Rev. Clare Fergusson & Russ Van Alstyne Mysteries #9)
by Julia Spencer-Fleming
This is the 9th book of the series and my first book from Julia Spencer-Fleming. I did a bit of search before reading this book to get my self a bit familiar for the story.
I got to know Claire and Russ who are living with their four months old Ethan.
Russ works in police force and is called away from a meeting to investigate a murder case.
This is a very disturbing murder case. A beautifully dressed young woman’s body found along route 137.
This all seems very familiar to Russ; he has heard of identical calls happened in 1952 and 1972.
Looking into this and the other two murders all three woman were wearing beautiful dresses and were killed around the same area.
I do not want to spoil the story by giving a summary. I do want to share my thoughts about the story.
It’s a story of very normal people trying to care for their community and do the right thing. Along the way of them helping others there are so may negative things thrown in that mad the story a page turner for me.
The story is told in three different timelines that has been weaved together perfectly. A solid mystery with perfectly developed characters. I liked the vivid details and perfectly unexpected twists and turns that led to a startling ending.

You can see more reviews on:



No comments:

Post a Comment