Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2020

- When I Was You



When I was you
by Minka Kent
When I was you is a light thriller. I enjoyed the twists. The first half of the book is slow paced, but a bit more into the story and you can't stop reading it.

Brienne was brutally attacked when leaving work couple of months ago. Today she is afraid of leaving her house and spends most of her times at home. Trying to avoid being alone she decided to rent the upstairs room to Dr Niall Emberlin. As time goes by, she becomes attached to his friendship.

Soon Brienne discovers that someone else is using her identity. Someone from a real estate office called her about a property she has recently rented. Why would she rent an apartment if she already has a place of her own. She tries to find out who this other person is, but the more she investigates the more she gets confused. This other person who is leaving with her identity drives the same car, wears the same jewelry and she even drinks the same drink as her.

I enjoyed the setup of this book. I even liked the fact that Brienne made me mad and I was thinking why you don’t just call the police. The twists are amazing, and the characters were nicely developed.

If you like psychological thrillers, then this is a book that you will enjoy.

 Many thanks to Minka Kent for this gifted copy.

 You can see more reviews on:

No comments:

Post a Comment