Search This Blog

Friday, February 21, 2020

- The Plum Tree






The Plum Tree
By Ellen Marie Wiseman
The plum tree is a story of death, survival and hope. A story that reminds us about Holocaust and most importantly reminds us that not all Germans were Nazis. This is a mesmerizing fictional memoir based on a true story.

 I admire the authors ability to handcraft details and stablish the setting. The detailed commencement of the story may be a slow paced read for some readers. Yet for me the events were very well described and I enjoyed the well narrated details.

Christine is a young German girl narrating the story. She fell in love with Isaac, A Jewish boy, on the eve of world war II.
Christine's family were starving and staying in an air raided shelter through the bombing. Her father was sent to Russian front. She was worried about her family and stood tall for them. At the same time  she was also worried about Isaac and was willing to do everything it takes for him.
I believe a good book can stimulate different feelings. Feelings like love, hate, empathy… . and The Plum Tree was the one for me.

This touching story made me angry, made me cry and at points I felt  all the emotions that  Christine went through. It will stay with me forever.

Many Thanks to Ellen, for a gifted copy and for giving me a chance to read this book.


Book Review:
You can see more reviews on:


No comments:

Post a Comment