Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2019

- The Roxy Letters





The Roxy Letter
By
by Mary Pauline Lowry

This Novel is told through Roxy’s mostly unsent letters to her current roommate Everett who was once her boyfriend. These letters become more journal entry and she only left the first few for Everett to read.
 Roxy, a twenty – eight-year-old Austin native girl, is uninspired and unmotivated. She is tired of her job and is seeking real love. Her life is far from perfect. She is an artist, but she hasn’t painted. She is a deli maid at whole foods, and it is an unfulfilling job for her. She is frustrated with her sex life.  
The description was intriguing, it is a humor interlaced novel. It definitely has a certain Bridget Jones Diary quality to it.
I found the main character very interesting but then the writing fell flat for me and my feeling towards her remained stagnant throughout the book. Don’t get me wrong, Roxy is an amiable character, but she is annoying most of the time.
What I liked the most about this book was the strong female relationships. There are other aspects that some readers may find stronger. like the focus on her love life, her enthusiasm about Austin or even her job.


My thanks to NetGalley and Simon & Schuster for sending me an ARC copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment